Monday, September 13, 2010

Sleep deprivation and magic

0
Red Bull gives you...evil mustaches?
I've heard that that the average person sleeps almost a third of their lives. A full third!!! That means if you're thirty years old, you've spent ten of those years asleep! Think of everything you could accomplish in those ten years!

Last night I got four hours of sleep after staying up all night watching The Prestige and The Halloween Tree (both fantastic movies for those of you who haven't seen them) and hanging out with a good friend and this morning, despite battling bouts of horrible exhaustion, I've managed to put down on paper some fantastic new ideas and methods to create a really amazing routine.

sdf
Now I don't know why when I haven't had any sleep that I come up with crazy ideas: maybe it's the fact that the more tired I get, the fewer ideas get filtered out, or maybe it's that there is some crazy creativity-stimulate released when you're tired: I don't know. I just know that for me, it works.

Perhaps that's why I love magic conventions so much: so many creative minds shoved together with very little sleep. It creates close friendships and amazing new magic.

So instead of wasting time sleeping, wake up and figure out some new magic!

~Cameron Rivers, Kings To You Magic

P.S. Sleep deprivation is bad for spelling...forgive me.

No Response to "Sleep deprivation and magic"