Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A small pep-talk for all of my friends out there

0
Yesterday I was out busking and managed to have a pretty bad day. I was upset the entire bus ride home.


Then I got back to the apartment and realized a few things:



  1. A day performing magic is better than a day in the real world.
    • This bit of wisdom actually comes from my friend Hawke. Think about it, going out and doing something you love beats a desk job any day of the week.
  2. I'm having fun
    • When I head out to perform I'm always nervous, but that is always replaced by enjoyment. I love what I'm doing out there and I'm having a blast doing it, so who cares what else happens? I'm lucky to be out there sharing my love with the world, spreading joy and magic, so I need to start acting like it.
So there it is guys. If magic is what you love doing, then do it and screw the rest of the world. It doesn't matter what happens out there, just have a blast doing it and the rest will follow. And remember, we are the lucky ones.

~Cameron Rivers, Kings To You Magic

No Response to "A small pep-talk for all of my friends out there"