Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Great Busking Adventure

0
Let's start by saying that soon I will be traveling out to Los Angeles to busk. What's busking? What's soon? What's Los Angeles? All these questions will be answered.

First off, Google Maps tells me that the trip, from Ft. Worth, will take 22 hours and 29 minutes or 1 day and 2 hours if there is traffic anywhere, so let's pray we don't meet the four and a half hours of traffic waiting for us somewhere. It seems I will be traveling through El Paso, Tuscon, Phoenix, and a tiny town called Blythe.

So that's 1407 miles on a motorcycle.

Secondly, busking is street performing. That's right folks, headed out to perform on the streets of the City of Angels.

But the really fun thing is not the drive or the small cities I'll blithely pass through on my there. No, the really fun thing is my packing list.

So far I have some clothes, toiletries, my laptop, and my busking rig (read as table-top and stand). That's it. That's all. I'll be getting rid of everything else that I can and sending the rest off to a small storage closet in a relatives home.

So in two or three weeks I'll start this incredible journey, and y'all'll be kept up to date right here, at Kings To You.

~Cheers

No Response to "The Great Busking Adventure"